Photo © Robin Utrecht
The European Para Championships has confirmed details for the official Observer Programme for potential future hosts of the multi-sport event. The European Para Championships will take place from the 8-20 of August 2023 in Rotterdam. On Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of August interested delegations will meet for a programme on the future of the EPC.
As part of the Host City appointment process for the European Para Championships 2027 and beyond, a specific programme has been developed to provide delegates a deeper understanding and unique live event experience of this young European multi-sport event.
Delegates will be able to speak to senior staff from the LOC and participating European and International Federations. There will also be guided tours and a look around the city centre courts at various locations in Rotterdam.
European Para Championships Founder, Eric Kersten, said, ‘’We expect that, by attending, potential future hosts will be able to visualise the huge impact the European Para Championships could have on a city and region – as is the case in Rotterdam. We are in Rotterdam, the truly spectacular city, for the first edition. We hope attendees will have an amazing experience at Rotterdam Ahoy and the city centre courts where we aim to bring parasports to the people. We will also be showcasing the sporting, cultural, and media venues in action. As a team we are excited to welcome all interested parties to show this brand new concept.’’
The main programme will be focused on Saturday 12th with the possibility to plan bi-lateral meetings with European Para Championships on Sunday 13th of August 2023.
Once registered, delegates will be provided with an Observer Programme Guide which will contain detailed programme information, specific timings, and locations of all activity. The program is free of charge.
The detailed programme includes:
- Presentation from senior representatives of the City of Rotterdam, European Para Championships
- Presentation from the LOC on their approach, structure, key challenges, and successes in organising a high-profile multi-sport event
- Key people of the national government will give their thoughts on the European Para Championships
- The Sustainability manager of European Para Championships will talk about the importance of sustainability in the overall project and process
- Tour in Rotterdam Ahoy in operation
- A presentation of the European Paralympic Committee
- Tour of Main Media Centre and presentations on media, communications, branding and broadcast
- Tour to Schouwburgplein with the city centre courts and finals of wheelchair tennis and boccia
Additional Tickets and Hospitality
If delegates would like to extend their stay in Rotterdam, or if other colleagues would prefer to attend the event on different dates to the Observer Programme, European Para Championships can arrange tickets and hospitality for any of the sport sessions (subject to availability).
Parties interested in attending the Observer Programme are invited to contact Imke de Groot, Host Liaison Manager, July 17th latest, at firstname.lastname@example.org